from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To place under government or group ownership or control.
- transitive v. To make fit for companionship with others; make sociable.
- transitive v. To convert or adapt to the needs of society.
- intransitive v. To take part in social activities.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To interact with others
- v. To instruct, usually subconsciously, in the etiquette of a society
- v. To take into collective or governmental ownership
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render social.
- transitive v. To subject to, or regulate by, socialism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render social.
- To form or regulate according to the theories of socialism. Also spelled socialise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take part in social activities; interact with others
- v. make conform to socialist ideas and philosophies
- v. prepare for social life
- v. train for a social environment
Everything was well planned and I was able to enjoy myself and socialize, which is sometimes hard to do when serving a coursed dinner.
At 8.8 per 1000, South Carolina's infant mortality rate is three times higher than the infant mortality rate of Sweden; 2 1/2 time higher than the infant mortality rate of France - Both countries with so-called "socialize d medicine."
They have people panicked that the government will take away their current plans and "socialize" their health care and that the government will ration their care.
If President Obama is feeling the back-lash from his efforts to 'socialize' this country ... he hasn't seen anything yet.
But they ended up crashing the whole goddamned system, which gave them no choice but to beg Congress to "socialize" their losses with an infusion of hefty amounts of taxpayer cash.
Producers should pay for the waste they "design in" to products and packages, costs they now "socialize" by passing them along to local communities.
To the person who refers to Obama as the candidate who is going to "socialize" medicine, please point me in the direction of some proof of this statement.
Fox News, the Republican Party, and the insurance industry charge the public option is an attempt to "socialize" health care.
They do not want to "socialize" health care, as the Republicans and their lunatic allies in the right-wing echo chamber (Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, etc) keep repeating.
Fox News, the Republican Party, and the insurance industry charge thepublic option is an attempt to "socialize" health care.