from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An apparatus with faucets for dispensing soda water.
- noun A counter equipped for preparing and serving soft drinks, ice-cream dishes, or sandwiches.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A metal or marble structure containing water charged with carbonic-acid gas (or containing materials for its production), with faucets through which the water can be drawn off. Soda-fountains commonly contain tanks for flavoring-syrups and a reservoir for ice.
- noun A strong metal vessel lined with glass or other non-corrosible material, used to store and transport water charged with carbonic-acid gas under pressure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun a counter at which people may sit and be served soda pop, ice cream, or light meals. Such counters may be located for example in restaurants, ice cream shops, drugstores, departments stores.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun US a
counter, in a shop, at which sodas, ice-creamsetc are prepared and served
- noun US an
apparatusfor dispensing soda water
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a counter where ice cream and sodas and sundaes are prepared and served
- noun an apparatus for dispensing soda water
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.