from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun One who or that which softens.
  • noun Specifically, In ceramics, a broad brush used to spread vitrifiable color thinly and uniformly on the biscuit.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun Written also, less properly, softner. One who, or that which, softens.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun Agent noun of soften; one who softens.
  • noun chemistry A substance added to make something softer.
  • noun Fabric softener.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a substance added to another to make it less hard


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

soften + -er



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.