from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One whose work or business is cleaning.
- n. A machine or substance used in cleaning.
- n. A dry-cleaning establishment. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person whose occupation is to clean floors, windows and other things.
- n. A device that cleans, such as the vacuum cleaner.
- n. A cleaning detergent.
- n. A professional laundry or dry cleaner (business).
- adj. comparative form of clean: more clean
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, cleans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which cleans.
- n. A special preparation, either saponaceous, ethereal, or both, used for removing grease-spots, ink-stains, etc., from fabrics.
- n. A device for automatically cleaning scum or floating matter from the surface of water in a boiler and depositing it in a separator or settling-chamber located on top of the boiler. It consists of a skimmer in the boiler, to which is attached a vertical pipe which discharges into the settling-chamber near its top. From a point at the other side of the settling-chamber a return-pipe leads into the boiler, discharging somewhat below the water-level.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a preparation used in cleaning something
- n. the operator of dry-cleaning establishment
- n. someone whose occupation is cleaning
Top tips on buying a vacuum cleaner● Think about what surfaces you want to clean and what space you have to store your cleaner.
And then, last but not least, you're seeing a number of states adopt what they call cleaner energy standards, everything from making sure that your refrigerator uses less energy to the mix, in terms of wind power, that's used by the state, ultimately changes.
Obama today said one of the fastest, easiest, and cheapest ways to make our economy stronger and cleaner is to make [it] more energy efficient.
Green Way To Unclog Sink Without Harm To PetsWe have pets and when one of our sinks clog, it is always a concern that one of our cats or our dog will decide to become curious and taste the drain cleaner that weâve used.
If the house cleaner is from a firm, call your local Better Business Bureau to check on the firm's reputation.
Remington's Bore cleaner is much better for a preliminary cleaning after a big day at the range/out in the field.
My very wise Latina house cleaner is off today, so since she is wiser than I, my opinion is not very good.
Fortunately, the same clean energy legislation Perriello and Boucher backed will increase our nation's securityby investing in cleaner cars and renewable energy so we can stop mortgaging our children's future to buy oil from countries that don't share our values.
Fortunately, the same clean energy legislation Perriello and Boucher backed will increase our nation's security by investing in cleaner cars and renewable energy so we can stop mortgaging our children's future to buy oil from countries that don't share our values.
The industrial design behind Clorox Anywhere hard surface cleaner is unique.