from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A device used in cable telegraphy for reversing the current at proper intervals, thus increasing the speed of transmission: also used for a somewhat similar purpose on land-lines.
  • noun In a typewriter, a key, and the mechanism connected with it, by which spaces are made between words.
  • noun In a type-setting machine, a device for spacing words.
  • noun Anything by which a space or interval is made.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A person who works in space.
  • noun An object inserted to hold a space open in a row of items, e.g. beads or printed type.
  • noun A bushing.
  • noun slang A forgetful person.
  • noun medicine A type of add-on device used by an asthmatic person to increase the effectiveness of a metered-dose inhaler.


from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

to space + -er



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.