from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in a specific manner, applying to or naming a particular thing or things, expressly, explicitly
- adv. for a specific purpose or reason
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a specific manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a specific manner; according to the nature of the species or of the case; definitely; particularly; explicitly; in a particular sense, or with a particularly differentiated application.
- With reference to a species, or to specific difference; as a species.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in distinction from others
Hers is not a label specifically aimed at curvy or plus-sized women, but at all women.
So unless the label specifically says organic, you can pretty much bet that any food or product you buy that contains any of the big four have been genetically changed.
If these animals (and I use the term specifically) aren't brought to justice for the carnage they've caused, here's one prediction that's sure-fire:
• Do not apply a product to kittens or puppies unless the label specifically allows this treatment.
I hope you can see by now that I used the term specifically and accurately, and that I can defend if challenged.
In Numbers 23:19, for example, the expression specifically contrasts divine perfection with human frailty: “God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind.”
The term specifically describes activities associated with the period in the United States known as the Second Red Scare, lasting roughly from the late 1940s to the late 1950s and characterized by heightened fears of communist influence on American institutions and espionage by Soviet agents.
"The name Amiga was chosen by the developers specifically from the Spanish word for a female friend" samsung also got their linux based smartphone os could be too much fragmentation fast and dead platforms quick
The label specifically associates a piece of text with a form field which benefits screen readers.
A: This is going to be the second time you talk about the "government failures" in the environmental protection during the two sessions, you use the term specifically "government failure".