from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who spells words: students who are good spellers.
- n. An elementary textbook containing exercises that teach spelling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who spells.
- n. A participant in a spelling bee.
- n. A book for learning spellings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who spells.
- n. A spelling book.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A speaker or talker; a teller; a narrator.
- n. One who spells, as in school; a person skilled in spelling.
- n. A book containing exercises or instructions in spelling; a spelling-book.
- n. A branch shooting out from the crown of a deer's antler. See cut under Dama. Cotgrave.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an introductory textbook to teach spelling
- n. someone who spells words
Sorry, no etymologies found.
We suspect you're a person who trusts more easily than we do, Jennifer, what with the volunteering and the trusting Michelle Shaw and the fact that you think calling her a "very bad speller" is an adequate insult.
The book which she had mistakenly brought for her speller was her mental arithmetic; they were much the same size, and she often mistook one for the other.
I know I'm not a great speller, which is why I put everything through a spell checker.
Meanwhile, the publisher of the daily paper Minerva, Noah Webster -- of Webster's "speller" fame -- tired of the rough-and-tumble of journalism and withdrew from public life altogether.
Nicole Black of the excellent New York legal blog Sui Generis has found her kind of speller Read More
Queen herself was by no means so good a "speller," by our standard, as was Adam Winthrop.
If a destination (or a phone number) needs to be entered manually, this is done with a new, circular "speller" that makes the entry go more quickly.
Tracy S. Morris is a writer, photographer, gardener, herbalist and self-proclaimed kamikaze speller.
Until you are the best speller in the Hundred Acre Wood.
Be careful not to wear out your [sic] key if you quote me, I never claimed to be a champion speller.