from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who comes suddenly into notice; an upstart.
- noun A half-boot or buskin, described in the sixteenth century as laced above the ankle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun obsolete One who comes suddenly into notice; an upstart.
- noun obsolete A kind of high rustic shoe.
- adjective rare Upstart.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb get going or set in motion
- verb get off the ground
- noun the act of starting a new operation or practice
- noun the act of setting in operation
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.