from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A company or corporation whose capital is divided into shares.
- n. A permanent company that performs a repertoire of plays, usually at a single theater.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An incorporated company the capital of which is represented by marketable shares having a certain equal par value.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a company of actors regularly employed at one theater, or permanently acting together in various plays under one management.
- n. an incorporated company the capital of which is represented by marketable shares having a certain equal par value.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a company whose capital is represented by stock
- n. a theatrical company that performs plays from a repertoire
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.