from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A stock exchange.
- noun The market in which stocks are bought and sold, usually including the organized exchanges and over-the-counter markets in a particular country or economic region.
- noun The buyers and sellers of stocks.
- noun The business transacted in such a market.
- noun The price or value of the stocks trading in a market.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A market where stocks are bought and sold; a stock-exchange.
- noun The purchase and sale of stocks or shares: as, the stock-market was dull.
- noun A cattle-market.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A market for the
tradingof company stock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an exchange where security trading is conducted by professional stockbrokers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.