from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See stock exchange.
- n. The business transacted at a stock exchange.
- n. The prices offered for stocks and bonds in general: a rising stock market.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A market for the trading of company stock.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A market for live stock.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A market where stocks are bought and sold; a stock-exchange.
- n. The purchase and sale of stocks or shares: as, the stock-market was dull.
- n. A cattle-market.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an exchange where security trading is conducted by professional stockbrokers
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.