from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The central area of a storm, especially the point of lowest barometric pressure within a storm.
- noun A center of trouble, disturbance, or argument.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The position of lowest pressure in a cyclonic storm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the central area or place of lowest barometric pressure within a storm
- noun a center of trouble or disturbance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.