from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to or made of straw; having little value, insubstantial.
- adj. Straw-coloured.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Strawy; consisting of straw.
- adj. Chaffy; like straw; straw-colored.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of straw; strawy.
- Like straw; light.
- Straw-colored; pale-yellowish.
His sole study is for words, that they be — Lepidae lexeis compostae, ut tesserulae omnes, not a syllable misplaced, to set out a stramineous subject: as thine is about apparel, to follow the fashion, to be terse and polite, 'tis thy sole business: both with like profit.
 Tully holds, and for this they are often applauded, in all other discourse, dry, barren, stramineous, dull and heavy, here lies their genius, in this they alone excel, please themselves and others.
Glistening yellow in the stramineous light, the worms boiled and reared and thudded in fury.