from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A subdivision of a set or class.
- n. Biology A taxonomic category of related organisms ranking between a class and an order.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rank directly below class
- n. In object-oriented programming, an object class derived from another class (its superclass) from which it inherits a base set of properties and methods.
- v. In object-oriented programming, to create a subclass of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the natural groups, more important than an order, into which some classes are divided.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To place in a sub-class or secondary division of its class.
- n. A prime subdivision of a class; in zoology and botany, a division or group of a grade between the class and the order; a superorder.
- n. In petrography, in the quantitative classification of igneous rocks (see rock), a division between class and order, based on the relative proportions of the two subgroups of the preponderant group of standard minerals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (biology) a taxonomic category below a class and above an order
_Difficulty of entitling a subclass corresponding to every combination.
If the title had been Planers, Reciprocating beds, the indication would be that the subclass was a part subclass to receive planer beds only.
Difficulty of entitling a subclass corresponding to every combination.
I have a Control class ChildFoo defined as a subclass of control class
The CR6261 antibody, however, was not effective for the H3 subclass, which is a common human influenza virus, because a sugar molecule blocks the epitope.
Another special column is column 1, event subclass, which is shared by some of the events.
ActionExtends creates an inheritance relationship between two classes, called the subclass and the superclass.
ActionExtends offers the ability to create a relationship between two classes, called the subclass and the superclass.
"subclass", the hero will be well equipped to overcome these challenges.
"subclass," the hero will be well equipped to overcome these challenges.