from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To withdraw; to take away.
- v. To subtract by arithmetical operation; to deduct.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To withdraw; to take away.
- transitive v. To subtract by arithmetical operation; to deduct.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To withdraw; take away; draw or lift up.
- To subtract arithmetically.
Latin subdūcō ("I remove; I withdraw"). (Wiktionary)
Digges 1572 writes "to subduce or substray any sume, is wittily to pull a lesse fro a bigger number."