from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Bearable; endurable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Capable of being supported, upheld, maintained, or defended.
- adj. Capable of being borne, endured, or tolerated; endurable.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being supported, maintained, or endured; endurable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being supported, upheld, sustained, maintained, or defended.
- Capable of being borne, endured, or tolerated; bearable; endurable: as, the pain is not supportable; patience renders injuries or insults supportable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being borne though unpleasant
Neither one of these are supportable from a rational point of view.
England, but the heat is more supportable from the breezes which always spring up about noon; and the evenings are charming beyond expression.
This means you should receive from every agent you interview a "supportable" opinion of value based on recently sold properties in your neighborhood; exactly what you would demand if you were a buyer.
Far too many progressive people still think this is the "supportable" war - because "we were attacked first" (on 9/11), because of the ugliness of the Taliban and its "foreign fighter" allies, because they hope the U.S. occupation might "do some good," and because they are concerned about new terrorist attacks on civilians in the U.S.
Various modes of host server access should be supportable, meaning SCSI block via Fibre Channel, and FCoE and iSCSI via Ethernet.
If the goal is simply to explore and do science, unless its reasonably inexpensive, its not going to be supportable and sustainable.
What you did to me and our family is not supportable.
I take note of your earlier post, in which you suggest that giving absolute deference to the guy with the badge is most easily supportable when the guy with the badge is fully accountable for actions taken ultra vires.
It probably also reduces the interest in single-sex dorms, which might mean that such dorms become less financially supportable.
Barb, the fact that your opinion is shared by others does not render it morally defensible or legally supportable.