from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of, relating to, or affected with syphilis.
- noun A person affected with syphilis.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who suffers from syphilis.
- Pertaining to or of the nature of syphilis; affected with syphilis.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Med.) Of or pertaining to syphilis; of the nature of syphilis; affected with syphilis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective pathology Of, relating to, or infected with
- noun One who is infected with syphilis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or relating to or infected with syphilis
- noun a person suffering from syphilis
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
We went to the Broadway side, where I held open one of the boxes while Ms. Hirsch used her iPhone to document its syphilitic contents.
So I'm all okay with him staying studmuffin and not gross ulcer on his leg or syphilitic.
Something pooled green and ugly by our feet like syphilitic pus.
One Hawaiian activist has termed Cook a "syphilitic, tubercular racist" and declared it a point of pride that the captain didn't leave Hawaiian shores alive.
It was an expensive and strangely obscure institution, named for its syphilitic Whig founder, but we often called it, with what we considered a certain panache, the Mediocre University at New York City.
Maybe one or both of them is a cyborg recounting the meandering life of some long-dead syphilitic galley slave.
The black nose, the Jewish nose, the Irish nose, the Italian nose, the syphilitic nose.
He had wives who worshiped him and then left him, only to defend him later; his children speculated that he was either syphilitic or manic-depressive, and then they continued his work.
Doktor Faustus by Thomas Mann Mann's version of this much-imitated tale features a syphilitic composer called Adrian Leverkühn, who agrees a pact with Mephistopheles that guarantees him years of brilliance and musical creativity.
-- “Addled, syphilitic”: probably pretty accurate, actually.