from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A cup or goblet for drinking wine.
  • n. A decorative ring or plug at the end of the barrel of a pen.
  • n. A small tart or miniature pie.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A drinking-cup.


From French tasse, of the same meaning, from Arabic tassah, a bowl or basin. (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • Scots - goblet, cup, especially symbolic pieces such as sports trophies.

    December 28, 2007