from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Relating to or involving technology, especially scientific technology.
- adj. Affected by or resulting from scientific and industrial progress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, relating to, involving, or caused by technology, especially modern scientific technology.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to technology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to technology; relating to the arts: as, technological institutes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to a practical subject that is organized according to scientific principles
- adj. based in scientific and industrial progress
Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei noted the delay, but said it was due to what he described as "technological problems."
The reason is what we call technological inevitability.
One of Rotello's central points in Sexual Ecology is that condoms are what he terms a technological fix and that while these methods help prevent disease they are ultimately flawed and do not ask people to change behavior that may be the underlying root cause of a problem.
In addition to human spaceflight, we also need to regain technological prowess - the kind that fuels economic strength and prosperity.
These limitations include; the long term and chronic contraction of the aerospace industry, failure to maintain technological knowledge and capabilities, contraction the industrial manufacturing base, funding restrictions due to economic problems, and lack of consistent planning and leadership.
What still rings true is how the growth in technological prowess can reduce hunger, poverty, and even save lives.
And, after putting out the various forest fires that seem to have started, as a community we might just yet build the next level in technological readiness: the Outrigger Canoe that colonised Polynesia!
The governing bodies encourage citizens to pursue language, but technological is forgotten.
Advanced robotics will certainly play an important role in technological unemployment once it becomes cost-effective to replace even low-wage service workers with machines.
Poliovirus has a small genome, about the size of two human genes, so it was within technological reach in 1980.