from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A conference held among people in different locations by means of telecommunications equipment, such as closed-circuit television.
- intransitive v. To hold or participate in a teleconference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A telephone conference, an arranged phone call between more than two parties.
- n. More generally, the live exchange of information among persons and machines remote from one another but linked by a telecommunications system, over telephone, video or other means.
- v. To take part in a teleconference.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a conference of people who are in different locations that is made possible by the use of such telecommunications equipment as closed-circuit television
"I'm real humbled by it," Mauer said in a teleconference from the Metrodome, during which teammate and 2006 AL MVP Justin Morneau walked in with a bottle of champagne.
I.e. if your teleconference is degraded solely so they can sell you something more, then that is a problem.
Curnock announced his town halls on Aug. 12, and invited Edwards to join him. 4 days later, Edwards announces his teleconference is scheduled at the same time as Curnock’s first real town hall in Waco (the largest city in the district).
This orchestrated teleconference is just another example of how far this coumntry has drifted away from the ideals that were set by the nation’s forefathers.
As reports of hijacked and missing planes continue to pour in, Ben Sliney seeks input from managers on the floor as well as the teleconference, which is now connecting all air traffic control facilities around the country.
The president, as he did last Saturday, will convene a National Security Council meeting by teleconference, which is a system by which the president sits in a secure area of Camp David, in a compound.
Any investor or interested individual can listen to the teleconference, which is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m.
The subcommittee yesterday submitted its report to the full advisory board in a public teleconference, which is where Deutch mentioned the health review.
Three sources said ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet has called a teleconference of the policy-setting council for Sunday afternoon to discuss the continuing turmoil on financial markets and how to respond to Italy's latest reform pledges.
We media folks got drenched with insight on Wednesday, aka teleconference day.