from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A telephoto.
- n. A photograph transmitted and reproduced by telephotography.
- transitive v. To photograph with a telephoto lens.
- transitive v. To transmit by telephotography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A photograph taken with a telephoto lens.
- n. A photograph transmitted by wire.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a photograph transmitted and reproduced by telephotography.
- n. a photograph made with a telephoto lens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A photograph of a distant object taken with a telephotographic camera.
- n. A picture or image produced by a telephote.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a photograph made with a telephoto lens
- n. a photograph transmitted and reproduced over a distance
Ten minutes later he was at the police station, sending a motor-cyclist to Épernay with instructions to transmit the finger-prints to Paris by the Belin telephotograph.
Then suddenly, in the half-century between 1880 and 1930, it ousted the steam-engine and took over traction, it ousted every other form of household heating, abolished distance with the perfected wireless telephone and the telephotograph ....
The telephotograph of the carter’s finger-prints ought to have reached the Préfecture nearly two hours before.