from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a photographic lens or lens system used to produce a large image of a distant object.
- adj. Of or relating to an instrument that electrically transmits photographs.
- n. A telephoto lens.
- n. A photograph made with a telephoto lens; a telephotograph.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a lens system used to produce an enlarged image of a distant object.
- n. A photograph taken through a telephoto lens.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. of or relating to photography with a telephoto lens.
- adj. of or pertaining to a telephoto lens.
- n. a telephoto lens.
- n. a photograph taken using a telephoto lens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the process of photographing distant objects; telephotographic: as, a telephoto lens, an objective giving a large image of a distant object, in a camera of special design. See telephote, 2, and telephotographic lens.
- n. A telephotographic lens or camera.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a photograph made with a telephoto lens
The rugged 12. 1-megapixel camera features a 28mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-Elmar lens, 4. 6x optical zoom (zooming up to 128mm in telephoto, even during video recording), image stabilization and an "Intelligent Scene Selector" that automatically adjust settings depending on the situation (night, macro, portrait, and so on).
The next morning, after breakfast and a quick chat with the front desk clerk, they drove through town to an electronics shop called François JOST, where Harvath purchased a high-resolution digital camera, a small digital camcorder, and a top-of-the-line printer. in addition to extremely powerful, high-definition telephoto lenses for each camera, he also purchased a type of lens that had once only been available to people within the intelligence and law enforcement communities.
It really is more of a general telephoto, which is fine, but I already have a 70-300mm VR which (aside from the slower aperture) is an excellent general telephoto for me.
SLRs, on the other hand, offer better-quality photos, more manual options, interchangeable lenses (such as telephoto long zoom and wide-angle) and give you a more accurate shot as the viewfinder looks through the lens, opposed to "point and shoot" cameras.
He accused me of using a "telephoto" lens to spy on his staff from the public staircase on the second floor.
Another feature debuting in the Canon EOS Rebel T2i is Canon's new Movie Crop mode, where the user can achieve 7x magnification when shooting SD video for a significantly increased "telephoto" effect.
The S8000's zoom extends from 5.4 to 54mm, 30-300mm in 35mm terms, and has optical image stabilization - pretty much an essential requirement on a compact with this kind of telephoto reach.
Another feature debuting in the Rebel T2i is Canon's new Movie Crop mode, where the user can achieve 7x magnification when shooting SD video for a significantly increased "telephoto" effect.
Also included is the Movie Crop mode, where the user can achieve 7x magnification when shooting SD video for a significantly increased "telephoto" effect.
With a lens offering this kind of telephoto power, camera shake can become a real problem, so Canon added a true optical image stabilizer, which works to correct camera shake by moving lens elements to counteract the motion.