from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling a dream; ethereal or vague.
- adj. Given to daydreams or reverie.
- adj. Soothing and serene.
- adj. Informal Inspiring delight; wonderful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. As in a dream; resembling a dream.
- adj. sexy; handsome; attractive
- adj. having a pleasant or romantic atmosphere
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abounding in dreams or given to dreaming; appropriate to, or like, dreams; visionary.
- adj. soothing; restful.
- adj. Like what one dreams of; wonderful; delightful; marvelous; ideal.
- adj. Prone to indulge in fantasy or daydreaming.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of dreams; given to dreaming; relating to or associated with dreams; giving rise to dreams: as, dreamy moods.
- Having the characteristics of a dream; consisting of or resembling idle imaginations; dream-like; vague; indistinct; visionary: as, he led a dreamy existence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. dreamy in mood or nature
- adj. lacking spirit or liveliness
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Throw in a New York Times crossword puzzle and a can of mixed nuts, and that's what I call a dreamy day.
“Hell,” her mother says, examining the wound the way she always examines her face, with her lips parted and her forehead scrunched, her chin tilted upward and her expression dreamy, as if blurring her eyes, seducing her reflected image.
He blamed the fairy tales of her childhood, the influence of her school companions, the poetry and novels of later years as the chief causes of what he called her dreamy ways and romantic nonsense, and he determined that Marjory should be very differently brought up.
And with all the ritzy, high-profile hotels in dreamy Istanbul, his small hotel is one of the top rated -- because of him.
The Crees and voyageurs felt the spirit of it and mumbled in dreamy undertones, and the cook unconsciously subdued the clatter of pot and pan.
Idalia stared off into space, her expression dreamy as she remembered.
A class act all the way, in dreamy black and white.
Returning to Uzbekistan from two weeks in dreamy Turkey is a lot like waking up with a hangover … you either want to stay in bed, or order up a double Bloody Mary.
Robina sucked in dreamy silence for a few seconds; then she murmured the one word:
Big Fan to sag in the middle and dallying in short, dreamy sequences.