from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One that terminates.
- noun The dividing line between the bright and shaded regions of the disk of a moon or planet that is illuminated by the sun.
- noun A sequence of nucleotides that signals the end of transcription or translation and the completion of the synthesis of a nucleic acid or protein molecule.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who or that which terminates.
- noun In astronomy, the dividing-line between the illuminated and the unilluminated part of a heavenly body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One who, or that which, terminates.
- noun (Astron.) The dividing line between the illuminated and the unilluminated part of the moon.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One who finishes.
- noun biochemistry A
DNAsequence which causes RNA transcriptionto cease and an mRNAtranscript to break off.
- noun electronics An
electrical devicethat absorbs reflectionat the end of a transmission line.
- noun astronomy The line between the day side and the night side of a
- noun science fiction An
artificial intelligencemachine, created to destroy humans (after the 1984 film The Terminator).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun someone who exterminates (especially someone whose occupation is the extermination of troublesome rodents and insects)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin terminator from the verb terminare.
Sorry, no example sentences found.