from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To fill with terror; make deeply afraid: synonym: frighten.
- transitive verb To drive or force by arousing fear.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To make afraid; strike with fear; affect or fill with terror; frighten; alarm.
- To make terrible.
- Synonyms To scare, horrify, appal, daunt. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb obsolete To make terrible.
- transitive verb To alarm or shock with fear; to frighten.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb To
frightengreatly; to fill with terror.
- verb To
- verb obsolete To make
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb fill with terror; frighten greatly
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin terrificāre, from terrificus, terrific; see terrific.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin terrificare
Sorry, no example sentences found.