from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A turtle or tortoise.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Resembling the carapace of a tortoise; arched; vaulted; fornicated. Also
- Of or pertaining to the Testudinata; chelonian.
- noun One of the Testudinata or Chelonia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Resembling a tortoise shell in appearance or structure; roofed; arched; vaulted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, like or relating to a
- adjective Resembling a tortoise shell in appearance or structure;
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
The only flight of a testudinate which we remember is that downward one of the unfortunate tortoise that cracked the bald crown of
The testudinate is employed where the span is not great, and where large rooms are provided in upper stories.
There are five different styles of cavaedium, termed according to their construction as follows: Tuscan, Corinthian, tetrastyle, displuviate, and testudinate.