from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yellow crystalline compound, C22H24N2O8, synthesized or derived from certain microorganisms of the genus Streptomyces and used as a broad-spectrum antibiotic.
- n. An antibiotic, such as chlortetracycline and oxytetracycline, having the same basic structure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An antibiotic produced by the Streptomyces bacterium.
- n. Any antibiotic with the same general structure derived from tetracene with many hydroxyl and other groups.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an antibiotic (trade name Achromycin) derived from microorganisms of the genus Streptomyces and used broadly to treat infections
Antibiotics such as tetracycline and streptomycin clear up a case in a few days.
Teeth naturally get duller as we age and certain medications taken as a child, such as tetracycline, can give teeth a grayish hue.
· Use an antibiotic such as tetracycline, ampicillin, or penicillin.
A broad-spectrum antibiotic such as tetracycline kills many kinds of bacteria, while a narrow-spectrum antibiotic like penicillin kills only a few kinds of bacteria.
Eradication of the disease can be achieved either by herd depopulation/repopulation or by partial depopulation in combination with sow vaccination and medication programmes with antibiotics such as tetracycline/tiamulin combination or tilmicosin (Pulmotil: Elanco).
Lyme's can be treated successfully with antibiotics such as tetracycline or penicillin.
The risk increases with number of hours spent in the sun (like outdoor workers), history of cataract surgery or certain retina disorders, or with certain medications such as tetracycline, sulfa drugs, birth control pills, and diuretics that increase the eye's sensitivity to light.
Some medications such as tetracycline and absorbing too much floride can affect tooth color and teeth also tend to loose their bright color with age.
Various medications such as tetracycline and absorbing too much floride possibly will impact tooth color and teeth also tend to loose their bright color with age.
In more severe infections, antibiotics such as tetracycline and chloramphenicol may be necessary.