from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Computer Science To use (a computer) by time-sharing.
- transitive v. To occupy (a vacation property) by time-sharing.
- intransitive v. To engage in time-sharing.
- n. Variant of time-sharing.
- n. A property jointly owned or leased by time-sharing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A property jointly owned or leased by multiple people who are allowed to use it only during specified periods each year.
- v. To own or lease (a property) by time-sharing.
- v. To use (a computer) by time-sharing.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
A male couple — Barrie and Tony from Chelmsford, England — can choose to conceive and both be registered as the biological fathers of their children not so much on the technical grounds that they had “co-mingled” their sperm before shipping it out to their Fallopian time-share in California but out of a more basic sympathy that this is how Barrie and Tony “self-identify” and it would be cruel to deny them.
The home was the culmination of David Siegel's Horatio Alger story, from TV repairman to chief executive and owner of America's largest time-share company, Westgate Resorts, with more than $1 billion in annual revenue and $200 million in profits.
Spellbinding, if nonsensical, rhetoric evidencing nothing more imposing than an attempt to close a sale of some crass Nueva Vallarta high rise concrete monstrosity time-share on Bandaras Bay.
I do wear shorts when I'm in the tourist zone, but then I expect to be treated as a tourist and get accosted by every time-share tout in town.
By September, everyone in that time-share hated me.
He confided that he ran a chain of imaginary time-share vacation condos on the Riviera.
Regarding the options for working, Cynthia Sams, one of those profiled, says, "Basically you have time-share, real estate, or you can start your own business."
Deep sea fishing is available there, and (thankfully) no time-share salespeople or hordes of trinket sellers preying on the beachgoers.
Not only had Daley gambled and lost, he got Rahm to get the Big Man himself to personally pitch their time-share Power Point presentation.
But she was as keen as I was when some friends with a time-share on a fishing-lodge by the river Wye in Wales asked us up for a weekend.