from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The surface of a ship's hull above the water line.
- noun The highest position of authority.
- adverb & adjective On or to the upper parts of a ship; on deck.
- adverb & adjective In a position of authority.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The top side; the upper part.
- noun Specifically, the upper part of a ship's sides; the side of a ship above the water-line: commonly in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
sideor partof something that is at the top.
- noun nautical The surface of a
ship’s hullthat is above the water line.
- noun construction The structure and assembly of modules above the jacket or gravity base sub structure.
- noun construction The structure and assembly of modules on the deck of any floating installation.
- noun UK, Australia, New Zealand The outer side of a round of
- adjective nautical Above decks, such as on the
weather deckor bridge.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (usually plural) weather deck; the part of a ship's hull that is above the waterline
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.