from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The upper side or portion.
- noun An advantageous aspect.
- noun An upward tendency, as in business profitability or in the prices of a stock.
- preposition On.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The upper side; the upper part.
- On the upper side.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The upper side; the part that is uppermost.
- noun the benefits; the positive features; -- said of a situation or event that has both positive (good) and negative (bad) aspects.
- noun [Prov. Eng. & Scot.] to be even with.
- noun With the upper part undermost; hence, in confusion; in complete disorder; topsy-turvy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun the
highestor uppermostside or portionof something
- noun a
favourable aspectof something that also has an unfavourableaspect
- noun an
upward tendency, especially in a financial marketetc
- preposition informal On the
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the highest or uppermost side of anything
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.