from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A ball mounted in a stationary housing and rotated to control a pointer on a computer screen.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A pointing device consisting of a ball housed in a socket

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. an electronic device consisting of a rotatable ball in a housing; used to position the cursor and move images on a computer screen


track +‎ ball (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.