from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A game in which a batsman makes a ball hit a trap (device) that sends the ball into the air, from where the batsman has to hit it again
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An old game of ball played with a trap. See 4th trap, 4.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An old game played by two or more persons with a ball, bat, and trap (see trap, n., 5).
- n. The ball used in the game of trap-ball.
- personal matters, gossip, and so forth - and that he never got any thing but what was played like a trapball all over town; but, in this case, as a mere matter of speculation, he confessed he did feel desirous of unravelling the riddle; in fact, it preyed on his mind; he couldn't rest last night; he
Stoolball, knurr-and-spell, trapball, ninepins, handbasll, bowls and football were all customary pastimes of the Easter holidays. "