from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Architecture A crossbeam.
- n. Architecture A section, as of a ceiling, formed by crossbeams.
- n. A wooden frame used to confine a horse being shod.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A crossbeam
- n. A section formed by crossbeams
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A crossbeam; a lay of joists.
- n. A wooden frame to confine an unruly horse or ox while shoeing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cross; thwart; run counter to.
- n. A crossbeam; a beam or timber-work crossing a building.
- n. A kind of shackle for a horse that is being taught to amble or pace.
- n. Also travis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a horizontal beam that extends across something
ZihuaCornerBar said: I have an FM3, but rarely mention that when I trave in/out of Mex via plane ...
Antigua has 365 beaches, but trave lers often have mere days for a visit.
I have an FM3, but rarely mention that when I trave in/out of Mex via plane ...
The man can certainly afford to pay for his own damn airplane trave l and for his own tax services.
A number of MPs, seven trave have been accused of defrauding Parliament of millions of rand.
I beare you, or care of my faithfull promise made to you, but onely by the command of my husband (who respecting more the paynes and trave of your inordinate love, then his owne reputation and honor, or mine;) hath caused me to come hither: and by vertue of his command, am ready (for once onely) to fulfill your pleasure, but far from any will or consent in my selfe.
Nine days long did they bring in great heaps wood, and on the morning of the tenth day with many tears they took trave
Here he found a trave which had been broken; he took a saw and plane, and mended it.
Among the familiar guidebook names, Wallpaper's new apps (www. phaidon.com/trave l) best combine destination information with sharp design.
Brown is expected to announce Tuesday that it will be held May 6 - when elections for town halls are already scheduled to take place, trave; ling to Buckingham Palace to ask Queen Elizabeth II to dissolve Parliament so campaigning can start.