from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Loyal or faithful; staunch.
from The Century Dictionary.
true blue, under blue.
- noun A person faithful to the principles or characteristics of a body or class.
- noun Especially— A Scotch Covenanter.
- noun A British sailor; a man-of-war's-man.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of inflexible honesty and fidelity; -- a term derived from the
true, or Coventry, blue, formerly celebrated for its unchanging color. See True blue, under blue.
- noun A person of inflexible integrity or fidelity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective marked by unswerving loyalty
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From the adoption of the color blue by 17th-century Scottish Presbyterians in opposition to the Royalists' red.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.