from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having signatures or a signature at the bottom or end. Used of documents.
- adj. Signed or having signed at the bottom or end of a document: the undersigned names; the undersigned people.
- n. A signer whose name appears at the bottom or end of a document. Often used with the.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having signatures at the end or bottom
- adj. having signed at the end of a document
- n. the person or those people, mentioned in a document, whose names and signatures appear at the end
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Written or subscribed at the bottom or end of a writing.
The undersigned is the post-master to whom you wrote, and the undersigned is the lawyer whose services you sought to obtain for your nefarious business.
The undersigned is the merchant on whom you attempted to palm off your worthless goods.
The undersigned is the president of the bank to whom you sent your sight-draft.
We the undersigned are aware of the unjust treatment of Sakineh Ashtiani.
Mr. PUNCHINELLO: For sometime -- I would not like to say how long -- the undersigned has been a candidate for the office of Whiskey Inspector for the Judasville district of his State.
It is now a universal saying that the undersigned are the _largest dealers_ in Scroll-Saws, Magic Lanterns, Magical Tricks, Skates, Toy
The card read something like this: 'The undersigned is a duly accredited delegate to the Inter-Allied
The Legislative address presented by the Joint Committee of which the undersigned was a member, not having been completed, until this morning precludes the propriety of a formal minority report.
Fellow Citizens: The undersigned are a committee of the
The undersigned is the owner of, or owns rights to, certain materials concerning the artist or performers ____________________ the "Artist" as follows: