from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove a mask from.
- transitive v. To disclose the true character of; expose.
- intransitive v. To remove one's mask.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove a mask from someone.
- v. To expose, or reveal the true character of someone.
- v. To remove one's mask.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To strip of a mask or disguise; to lay open; to expose.
- intransitive v. To put off a mask.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To strip of a mask or of any disguise; lay open what is concealed; bring to light.
- To put off or lay aside a mask.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take the mask off
- v. reveal the true nature of
I always enjoy the ersatz, erstwhile attempts to "unmask" your true identity.
He has boasted that his real intention was to "unmask" Arafat.
I'm a Christian but I'm not big on religion but I do produce a television program right now called "The Way of the Master" and that basically is -- it's a Christian reality program where we kind of unmask the -- the hypocrisy of a lot of modern religion that you see today.
Since he left, he has in effect branded the Taba discussions as a sham and hinted broadly that his goal throughout was to "unmask" Arafat and prove him an unworthy partner for peace.
A number of URL shortening sites have added or are adding new features ranging from detailed analytics about who's clicking your links and geographically where they're coming from, to features that "unmask" shortened URLs-so you know where a link will bring you before you click.
The page with the list, which the authors released to "unmask" false veterans, has crashed several times since it appeared on March 26 due to excessive traffic, Vecernji said, adding that police were investigating the leak.
Jamie Bulger killer needs another new identity after cons 'unmask' him
Mr Zardari has previously vowed to "unmask" his wife's killers.
I think an "unmask" button is the only way to go for a general solution.
Philippines-The Senate is determined to 'unmask' an alleged pharmaceutical companies to sabotage Congress's push for lower medicine prices, even if President ...