from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To remove pins or a pin from.
- transitive v. To open or unfasten by or as if by removing pins.
- transitive v. To free.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To remove a pin, undo a pin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To loose from pins; to remove the pins from; to unfasten.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To remove the pin or pins that fasten.
- To unfasten or unloose by taking out the pins: as, to unpin a ribbon or a gown; hence, to loosen the garments of; undress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. remove the pins from; unfasten the pins of
To remove a pinned item, put the mouse cursor back on the file name and click the pushpin icon again to "unpin" it from the list.
You can "unpin" music to slide it around, but if you're coming back to a song six times, you need to add the same track six times. iMovie 09 does a lot of things right.
Everyone else has a neat, separate grief that they can unpin afterward.
Guards didn't go through the prison camps Wednesday and unpin the presidential closure order from detainee bulletin boards.
Maggie looked down, toying with one of her auburn ringlets, debating whether she should slide her sandal along his calf, or unpin her hair, letting her curls cascade down her back.
She pulled her arm loose and began to unpin the chiton.
I felt her unpin my hair and let it fall around my shoulders, then she began twirling sections of it in her fingers and squirting it with something that smelled deliciously like grapefruit.
He proceeded to unpin his mistress, did her frontways and backways and satisfied her as best he could.
The Sappers got pinned by artillery & didn't unpin for 3 turns The tanks tried to cross the minefields, lost some, but got enough across to assault on both flanks.
When they failed to unpin they couldn't dispute the objective giving the Germans a major victory.