from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- intransitive verb To release from or as if from a yoke.
- intransitive verb To separate; disjoin.
- intransitive verb To remove a yoke.
- intransitive verb Archaic To stop working.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To loose from a yoke; free from a yoke.
- To part; disjoin.
- To become loosed from, or as if from, a yoke; give over work; hence, to cease.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To loose or free from a yoke.
- transitive verb To part; to disjoin; to disconnect.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To release something from a
- verb transitive To disconnect, unlink.
- verb transitive To liberate, deliver from oppression.
- verb intransitive To unyoke an animal.
- verb intransitive To
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb remove the yoke from
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
un- + yoke
Sorry, no example sentences found.