from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. upward and downward, alternately
- adv. alternately forwards and backwards along a path
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. with rising and falling motion; to and fro; hither and thither; everywhere.
- adv. Vertical; perpendicular; -- said of the cable when the anchor is under, or nearly under, the hawse hole, and the cable is taut.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. moving backward and forward along a given course
- adv. alternately upward and downward
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.