from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The point at which parallel lines receding from an observer seem to converge.
- noun The point in linear perspective at which all imaginary lines of perspective converge.
- noun The point at which a thing disappears or ceases to exist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The point in a
perspectivedrawing at which parallel lines recedingfrom an observerseem to converge.
- noun The
situationin which, placewhere, or point in timewhen some object or phenomenonis no longer observableor notable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the point beyond which something disappears or ceases to exist
- noun the appearance of a point on the horizon at which parallel lines converge
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.