from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having pustules or marks like those of smallpox.
- transitive verb To inoculate with the smallpox virus.
from The Century Dictionary.
- In pathology, marked as if by smallpox.
- To inoculate with the virus of smallpox.
- In entomology, resembling a scar of smallpox: noting impressions or foveæ when they have a central prominence.
- In botany, thickly marked with pustules or pits, as in smallpox.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Having the appearance of
- verb To
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.