from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb & adjective By word of mouth.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun By word of mouth; orally. It is sometimes used attributively: as, a viva voce vote.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- By word of mouth; orally.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective By
- adverb By
- noun An
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adverb orally
- noun an examination conducted by spoken communication
- adjective expressed orally
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Medieval Latin vīvā vōce, with the living voice : Latin vīvā, feminine ablative sing. of vīvus, living + Latin vōce, ablative of vōx, voice.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin vīvā ("living") and vocē ("voice") (ablative of vōx).
Sorry, no example sentences found.