from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The International System unit of magnetic flux, equal to the flux that produces in a circuit of one turn an electromotive force of one volt, when the flux is uniformly reduced to zero within one second. See Table at measurement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In the International System of Units, the derived unit of magnetic flux; the flux linking a circuit of one turn that produces an electromotive force of one volt when reduced uniformly to zero in one second. Symbol: Wb
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The standard unit of electrical quantity, and also of current. See coulomb, and amp�re.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name proposed by Latimer Clarke for the unit of electrical quantity which has since been named coulomb; it was also for some time used for the practical unit of electrical current which is now called ampere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. German physiologist who studied sensory responses to stimuli and is considered the father of psychophysics (1795-1878)
- n. a unit of magnetic flux equal to 100,000,000 maxwells
- n. German physicist and brother of E. H. Weber; noted for his studies of terrestrial magnetism (1804-1891)
- n. German conductor and composer of romantic operas (1786-1826)
- n. United States abstract painter (born in Russia) (1881-1961)
- n. German sociologist and pioneer of the analytic method in sociology (1864-1920)
I brined it only overnight and smoked it with mesquite and wine-cask oak in a weber smoker (borrowed).
Much is riding on the outcome: the joule, watt, volt, farad, weber and ohm are only some of the units derived in part from the kilo.
Today VBF is the leading not-for-profit in the world for children and adults affected by hemangiomas, port wine stains, Sturge-weber syndrome, Klippel Trenaunay and other vascular malformations and anomalies.
Courtesy of Weber Roll out the barrel with this all-weather charcoal grill, equipped with mud-resistant wheels and an 18 ½ - inch cooking range. $80, weber. com
[Jan. 18th, 2009 | 12: 19 pm] [Tags | books into movies, christopher hinz, comics into movies, david drake, david weber, harry turtledove, joe haldeman, matt wagner] "The Forlorn Hope" by David Drake -- It holds a special place in my heart because its the first Drake book I ever read and the first story I ever really wanted to see made into a movie.
I was wondering how if and how I could smoke them with a small weber charcoal grill.
Here is how to prepare the coals for a weber kettle grill.
When it is all said and done, a weber kettle gets the job done so much better …
I tend to either cook it slow and low at 255 - the computer/weber can keep precisely to that cook temp for the entire cook time with minimal to no intervention.
[Apr. 11th, 2008 | 04: 39 pm] [Tags | david drake, david weber, jerry pournelle, john ringo, military science fiction]