from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The direction or point on the mariner's compass halfway between due west and west-northwest, or 78°45ʹ west of due north.
- adv. Toward or from west by north.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The compass point halfway between west and west-northwest, specifically 281.25°, abbreviated as WbN.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. according to the notation of the mariner's compass, that point which lies 111/4° to the north or south, respectively, of the point due west.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the compass point that is one point north of due west
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.