from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An agent used to make something white or whiter.
- n. The act or process of making white or whiter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a substance, such as a bleach, used to make something white or whiter
- n. the process of making something white or whiter
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of making or becoming white.
- n. That which is used to render white; whiting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of making white.
- n. In leather manufacturing, the operation of cleaning and preparing the flesh side of a hide on a beam, preparatory to waxing.
- n. Tin-plating. See chemical plating, under plate, transitive verb
- n. Same as whiting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. changing to a lighter color
Sorry, no etymologies found.
This includes two cosmetic procedures semi-annually. sign-up bonus is free skin whitening and eyelid surgery.
Some ciphers have an additional step called whitening
- Pixenate offers a lot of tools for touching up personal photos, including one specifically for tooth whitening, which is a new one we haven't seen before.
He is advocating that much more attention and money be lavished on climate engineering methods, such as whitening clouds so that they reflect back more of the sun's heat.
In the Philippines, I could only find "whitening" soap!
Among the things I need, according to Star Alliance Airlines: and XXL t-shirt and "whitening" deodorant... wtf?
I wonder if there are any dentists who do some sort of "whitening" process.
But they became more innovative and started practicing in special fields, such as whitening or straightening teeth.
They are wealthy, and are regarded and treated in society as white people; but the two young ladies use some kind of whitening on their faces habitually.
I’m not sure though whether covariance is preserved by VARFIMA only after the whitening, that is, in the VARMA step.