from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tall aquatic annual grass (Zizania aquatica) of North America, bearing edible grain.
- n. The grain of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any one of the four species of grasses which form the genus Zizania, which have edible grains and edible stems.
- n. The edible grain (the edible rice) which is harvested from these grasses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See Indian rice, under Rice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. perennial aquatic grass of North America bearing grain used for food
- n. grains of aquatic grass of North America
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Two days before a race, Ms. Ho says she'll increase her carbohydrate intake by eating more pastas and wild rice to maximize her energy.