from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A brightly colored North American duck (Aix sponsa) that nests in hollow trees, the male of which is noted for its large crest.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The maned goose, Bernicla jubata, found in southern Australia.
- noun The summer duck, Aix sponsa: more fully called
crested wood-duck, and also bridal duck, acorn-duck, tree-duck, wood-widgeon, and widgeon.
- noun The hooded merganser, Lophodytes cucullatus. Also
tree-duck. See cut under merganser.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A colorful
North American duck, Aix sponsa, that nests in hollow trees
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun showy North American duck that nests in hollow trees
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.