from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woodsman.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who lives in the wood and manages it; a woodsman
- n. someone who makes things from wood
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A forest officer appointed to take care of the king's woods; a forester.
- n. A sportsman; a hunter.
- n. One who cuts down trees; a woodcutter.
- n. One who dwells in the woods or forest; a bushman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An officer appointed to take care of the king's woods; a forester.
- n. A woodsman; a hunter.
- n. One who fells timber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. makes things out of wood
- n. someone who lives in the woods
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Is he the cowardly lion, the tin woodman, or Dorothy?
That "woodman" was Genji himself, who was here talking live words.
She is also more passive than in the film (which gives the scarecrow, lion and woodman a bit more character development).
Unable to sleep with the tin-brained woodman at work, Jerri went off to negotiate with Darth.
But the axe slipped so often and cut off parts of him -- which he had replaced with tin -- that finally there was no flesh left, nothing but tin; so he became a real tin woodman.
And with that, the bear was gone, with the woodman chasing after him, crashing through the thick trees.
He said he lived on the confines of the forest, where his old father was a woodman, and, if she liked, he would take her so far on her road.
On seeing this, the dear old woodman fell down on his knee, saying, “O my Princess, O my gracious royal lady, O my rightful Queen of Crim Tartary, — I hail thee — I acknowledge thee — I do thee homage!”
When the woodman heard this, he was so astonished, it was quite curious to see how astonished he was.
Lord Spinachi once — the humble woodman these fifteen years syne — ever since the tyrant Padella (may ruin overtake the treacherous knave!) dismissed me from my post of First