from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Cryptacanthodes maculatus, a slim, eel-like fish related to the blenny.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any one of several species of large, elongated, marine fishes of the genus Cryptacanthodes, especially Cryptacanthodes maculatus of the American coast. A whitish variety is called ghostfish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ichthyology:
- n. Any fish of the family Cryptacanthodidæ (which see).
- n. The electric ray, torpedo, or numb-fish. See cuts under Torpedinidæ and torpedo.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. eellike Atlantic bottom fish with large almost vertical mouth
They also caught some wrymouth and sculpin off Frenchboro last Friday, he said.