from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The supposed production of offspring markedly different from either parent.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The generation of offspring which pass through an entirely different life-cycle from that of the parents, and never exhibit the characters of the latter: a mode of biogenesis supposed by Milne-Edwards to occur, but not proved to have any existence in fact.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Same as
- noun The fancied production of an organism of one kind by an organism of another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A foreign origin or source.
- noun biology The production of an
offspringthat is unlikeeither of its parents.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the alternation of two or more different forms in the life cycle of a plant or animal
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From xeno- + -genesis.
Sorry, no example sentences found.