from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A yellowish-silver carangid food fish (Caranx bartholomaei syn. Carangoides bartholomaei) of western Atlantic and Caribbean waters.
- noun Nautical A yellow flag hoisted on a ship to request pratique or warn of disease on board.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
yellow Jack, under jack.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The illness
- noun nautical A yellow
flagused by ships as a warning of disease
- noun The
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun fish of western Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico
- noun caused by a flavivirus transmitted by a mosquito
- noun yellow flag hoist on a ship in quarantine
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.