from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yellowish-silver carangid food fish (Caranx bartholomaei) of western Atlantic and Caribbean waters.
- n. Nautical A yellow flag hoisted on a ship to request pratique or warn of disease on board.
- n. See yellow fever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The illness yellow fever
- n. A yellow flag used by ships as a warning of disease
- n. The fish Caranx bartholomaei
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. The quarantine flag. See under Quarantine.
- n. the yellow fever; also, the quarantine flag. See Yellow flag, under Flag.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See yellow Jack, under jack.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fish of western Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico
- n. caused by a flavivirus transmitted by a mosquito
- n. yellow flag hoist on a ship in quarantine
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.